PHASE ONE (Emergency/Immediate Needs Funding): Applications close November 30 at 5pm. The fund will support nonprofits who are in need of immediate funding for basic needs such as PPE, sanitizing, food, etc.
PHASE TWO (Organizational Funding): Applications will be open December 1-31. The fund will support operating expenses, program assistance, loss of revenue from canceled events/closing doors, staff time/positions, etc.
With the affects of COVID-19 in Michigan continuing to grow, we have seen many nonprofits cancel programming and events that have not only caused a significant financial hardship on the organizations, but also on the local small businesses that would have benefited from being part of these canceled activities.
The Community Foundation of Marquette County and the United Way of Marquette County have teamed up to deploy the Covid-19 Community Response Fund. Through this Fund, we are accepting requests for short-term funding to support operations of organizations that are struggling with immediate lost revenue and non-recoverable expenses due to COVID-19.
A short application will require the following information:
- Indicate your organization’s general programming in the community (key programs, population served, etc.)
- Describe the impact COVID-19 has had on immediate lost revenue or non-recoverable expenses to your organization.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Organizations should be operating in Marquette County.
- Organizations may only submit one application for phase one, emergency funding.
- Grants Range: $0-$2,000.
- This application will be considered separate from any other grant application submitted to the Foundation or United Way in 2020. No information provided in this request will influence any additional funding decisions the Foundation or United Way may be considering from your organization this year.
- Applications may be submitted on a rolling basis. We will do our best to respond within 10 businesses days of your submission if grant funding is available. Requests not immediately funded will continued to be considered depending on available funding.
- The Foundation and United Way may share your request with funding partners to increase access for more available emergency funding.
- All funding will be unrestricted.
To apply for funding, please click the link below. Please note, this is only for PHASE ONE / EMERGENCY FUNDING at this time. Phase one funding applications close on November 30 at 5pm. PHASE TWO / ORGANIZATIONAL FUNDING applications will be open December 1-31.